Petcock leaking, what's this?

cafenewb

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so my petcock is spitting fuel out the side where this little hole is. The hole looks like it's supposed to be there. the little tiny gasket covers the hole but that gasket is pretty chewed up.

So, is that hole necessary? What's the remedy here? Just new rubber gasket or what?
942955_895266681521_423526362_n.jpg

^ If I buy just the diaphram kit, do you know if that will include everything I need? I'm not seeing many options for the 1982 xs400 maxim.

basic on the leak, it looks like it just one worn out gasket.

I replaced everything except the diaphram because it didn't come in the rebuild kit. It's still leaking. I checked the diaphram and it looked perfect. Any ideas or do you think a leaky diaphram could cause fuel to spit out that hole in the side?

Thanks!

It looks like that diaphragm is toast:eek: I would replace it also the o-ring in the center that is what stops the flow of gas when the vacuum is off. Yes the hole in the plastic block should be there.

try stretching the spring out a touch more so its a tighter seal? I was lucky enough to find a petcock full of good parts when my maxim petcock was toast

Back