Picked up another one, 82 heritage special

FlyingAnvil

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I really like my 79 that turned out to be an 80, but it has funny paperwork with it. What to do? Get another with clean papers. So here it is....the 82 Heritage Special. Mostly all there, no grab bar and a few trinkets, but fair tires and it's a runner. Starts on the first kick so far, the electric start does not work on this one either. Fun to ride with these bars, feels like your going faster. I may put the mags or alloy wheels on this one for the front disc brake even though I really like spokes but they are a little nasty. I may keep this one mostly stock and do something custom with the 80. Here are some pics, I haven't even cleaned it up yet, been riding it and that is rare in the rainy (Seattle area) NW.

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 374
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 386
  • new4.jpg
    new4.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 362
  • new3.jpg
    new3.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 326
Cleaned it up today a bit and went riding. Put the nice seat off of the 80 on it. Came with a few extras like a rear drum brake which was cool because the 80 needed the parts that came with the 82 so I should have it back up and working again tomorrow. Both bikes look like they had a lack of or zero maintenance done.

Hey... Although much time has passed.... I have a need for the front drum on one of my spoker wheels... I need the turnbuckle connector that attaches to both shoe cams. I have the clevis parts, but if you have the old drum wheel I would take it all.

mikestp@yahoo.com
604 581 2307

Easy fellas, I am NOT selling anything here. I still ride em both, depends what kind of mood I'm in, hunched over or kicked back, rock or roll, country or western.

Hey... Although much time has passed.... I have a need for the front drum on one of my spoker wheels... I need the turnbuckle connector that attaches to both shoe cams. I have the clevis parts, but if you have the old drum wheel I would take it all.

mikestp@yahoo.com
604 581 2307
Found a complete drum plate with shoes on fleabay for 25.00 So no need for the turnbuckle

on this site i have seen invisable shocks and invisable exhaust pipes,so why not invisable wheels?:laugh:

haven't seen invisible wheels but I have seen a hubless wheel setup were all you see is the rim and tire and nothing else. a master builder by the name of billy lane out of melbourne, florida was the first to pull that one off I believe, very cool look. :bike:

Back