Polished 7 spokes?

Large

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what to do with my wheels the other day, I like the retro look of the wire wheels but have got the 7 spoke alloys and can really avoid to change. So anyway long story short, was thinking about polinshing the alloys to a mirror finish and wondered if anyone has done this before or have seen this?

Cheers.

lot of work but can be done ..its keeping them gleaming after that is the problem...how about a satin /semi-polished finish with lacquer over them?

haven't had a chance to look into the options yet was hoping to find some examples to get an idea of what to go for.

I would look around for wheel polishing shops. I would think if its worth while a polishing shop would be your best bet. Those are huge buffers they use and its very very messy. I used to do maintenance at a large factory that did plating and polishing. I even built a couple automated polishers for them. Would look cool, but I second the coating them after they will oxidize quickly.

Shaun

I agree...powder coating is amazing today. Just talk to the powder coat shop first, that technology is changing monthly and you might just find a finish you like and all you will have to do is media blast them first.

check these guy's out

http://www.aerocoat.net/

ENGINE_001.gif

Back