Putting it back together - need help

Carbs are back on. Bike runs! No electric start strangely, but it runs.

Badly needs carbs adjusted so I'll download that guide and my uncle (knows carbs) will help me sunday.

It's running VERY lean, only runs full choke and idling. Won't rev or anything

One question. There's what seems to be a PCV hose from the air ducts to the crankcase. Is this necessary? The hose is cracked and I can't get another hose to fit properly. Wouldn't imagine anywhere would sell that specific part either.

The hose is so your crankcase can breathe, and I recommend just swapping it with a filter You can get a filter for it for less than $10 on ebay, and they look pretty snazzy. You want to measure the opening, but if I remember correctly I got a 12mm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12MM-REUSAB...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a21c28706&vxp=mtr

polished engine1.jpg

For about 5 bucks at menards, there is a vinyl tape, that can be wrapped really tight around the cracked hose. The Tape seals to itself, and can stand temps up to 500 degrees f. (10 feet section) I think I have posted it with a tommy tape substitute. http://www.tommytape.com/miracle-wrap/mwhome
The menards thing is the same thing, just not the ""Tommy Tape" name. You can fix a leaky water hose with it, watch the video. I have been wrapping everything with this stuff, one roll at a time :)

Nah there's no good way to save the hose. It's split at the end. I'd like to replace it with that filter. Is there another way to support everything though?
Eventually I'd like to replace the air boxes with cone filters too but I am procrastinating that so I don't have to re jet

As long as your using the air filters, you have all the support you need. Just block the the hole. If KSqrly is right, take that air chamber cross-tube, and run it down to your favorite hardware store, I suspect KSquly's 12mm, is the going to be the size you need. Just need a clip to hold it in place. The magictape I was suggesting should work just fine too. Its not a high stress spot, just need to block the hole, and not have it look messed up. Heat, not a issue, vibration 1/2 an issue. any Tape should be fine(electrical, vinyl/silicone tape) (duct tape probably not, )

Back