Quick pilot screw question.

Swapped needle sides. Dropped down a groove, put in 137.5 mains and added half a turn on the air screw. Both plugs are tan and absolute civil city manners.

WOT there are some hesistations still.

New Z8 needle jets and an XS650 4M1 and 4N8 will be on order soon. I'll see if they are close enough to be usable long term on the 360 carbs.

Air screw? Are you referring to the Pilot screws? For adjusting the idle mixture? If so, they are mixture screws. They control both air AND fuel for idle and just above. In for lean(er) idle, out rich(er) idle. A common mistake made by people with experience on other carbs, that can lead to great confusion and frustration. :umm:

With carbs, you will never get them perfectly smooth and flawless in operation. Or more correctly, you can get them perfect, but then the weather will change and they will be off again. Fuel injection is much better for smooth operation, and electric motors are the best. But what fun is it to only go 120 km (75 mi) before needing to refuel? :sneaky:

I know they add fuel, I just call it that from old habit. I have a 484lbft 4 banger in the garage. I can't get that to idle nicely even with fuel injection.

Back