R5 parts compatibility

Rochey6957

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post on this board.

I purchased a refurbished 81 xs400 about a month ago. It's been running pretty well. Just took it into the shop for inspection and to have the electric start worked on.

Anyway, on to my real question. I've got a lead on some parts from a 72 r5. All fresh powder coated parts that the owner gave up on his project. I'm curious if the rims (and brakes) and forks are easily compatible with my xs.

I mainly want the seat he has but, he's only selling everything as a lot. Everything pictured plus the frame too.

Let me know what you guys think about compatability. I'm mostly interested in the wheel set for a set of spares/ dirt tracker wheels. Forks would be nice if there's any upgrade to be had there.

Attachments

• 2018072295102109.jpg
    2018072295102109.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 264
Just looked around the airtech site. A similar one shipped new is about how much I can get the seat and wheels off my Craigslist guy for. But thanks for the link!

I'd appreciate any info people might have on the forks and wheels too!

Last edited:
Just looked around the airtech site. A similar one shipped new is about how much I can get the seat and wheels off my Craigslist guy for. But thanks for the link!

I'd appreciate any info people might have on the forks and wheels too!
Are you getting the spokes with the rims? Spokes can be pricey, in the 85-95 dollar range per wheel from what I have seen. The hubs are likely different but if the fork legs are the same as the xs you should be able to use the hub on the front at least.

Back