Really tight clutch lever

elShabazz

XS400 Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm trying to figure out why it's so hard to pull the clutch lever. I thought it was normal until my buddy bought the same bike (81 xs400s) and his is much easier to pull. Any suggestions as to why mine's tougher?

As far as I can tell, the lever assembly itself isn't rusty at all. Is it common for the cable to get wrapped or something?

I'm experiencing a similar issue. Does it matter what kind of lube is used? I have lithium grease, but I've heard liquid silicon would work better. Thoughts?

wouldn't use grease IN the cable, engine oil is what you need. grease will harden after time and make it worse.

ATF would be ok too

So there are more problems like mine ....

I m building since last year a hardtail and want a clean handle bar. So i made a feet clutch , but now its going to heavy to use. But now im thinking ... ( before the rebuild) when i used the clutch it picked up very fast not smooth. SO im thinking now , are the springs in the clutch not to heavy . if i use weaker springs maybe the clutch becomes weaker and easier to use. Have somebody ever attempted this?

Attachments

• aangepast 106.jpg
    aangepast 106.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 185
  • aangepast 104.jpg
    aangepast 104.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 188
  • aangepast 103.jpg
    aangepast 103.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 181
Back