removing elecric starer....

Great ! So i dont need them ! this does help ! I have taken the wire harness off and will be canceling wires that i do not want/need . So i will do some more studying on all these wires and where they go and for what .

since i am more of a visual/hands on learner i have decided to remove my wire harness ( after labeling everything) find what i dont want ,trace it back and cancel it out . I am building a bobber so i will be eliminating ele.start,speed-o,tack,horn,neutral and oil lights , high/low beam,turn sign and front brake . if this does not work i will make a new harness but i have some time on my hands so i will try this first .

Attachments

• wire harness 002.jpg
    wire harness 002.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
I hav removed the starter motor and cancled out the wiring but dont really know the function of the starter switch assembly ? Can i also get rid of it aswell or do i still need it connected to the batt. to supply power to something else ?

Well Here she is all wrapped up and ready to plug and play ! Im crossing both fingers and toes on this one ! wish me much luck !

Attachments

• wire harness 002.jpg
    wire harness 002.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 264
  • wire harness 003.jpg
    wire harness 003.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 268
  • wire harness 004.jpg
    wire harness 004.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 279
looks good except for those blue connections. They are gonna give you trouble later on, only good for car audio and such like

You can toss the starter solenoid and the self cancelling unit, I circled them in your pic:wink2:

Attachments

• wire harness 003.jpg
    wire harness 003.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 272
his name is Apollo , he's been tring to talk me into a side car but i keep telling him ...."not for this build buddy "

Attachments

• Apollo 8-11-12 002.jpg
    Apollo 8-11-12 002.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Apollo 8-11-12 003.jpg
    Apollo 8-11-12 003.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Apollo 8-11-12 006.jpg
    Apollo 8-11-12 006.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 212
Well i just got to thinkin and lookin at the solenoid and was wondering ...... i have a negative lead for the battery but if i get rid of the solenoid then i will not have a positive hook up for the battery . do i just cut it out and make a new positive lead from where i cut the solenoid out ?

Back