replacie my headlight

If you look at that headlight it has mounting bolts on the sides. You can see the one.
It mounts the same as your headlight. Just pull your bulb, unbolt the headlight bucket. swap the new bucket for the stocker, replace bulb.
It has an overall width of 7.75 inches but uses a 7 inch sealed beam of reflector with an H-4 bulb.
Leo

Let me know how you mount the turn signals! I haven't made any progress on mine, for 2 reasons, 1, my bike isn't running, 2, I don't think the turn signals will go into the new bucket i picked up. I am (as of now) thinking of drilling a hole in the current headlight bracket, and adding a dummy bucket for the wires that don't fit into the bucket of my new lighting unit. (dummy bucket meaning something like a metal band aid case, or something of similar size from a hardware store (axman's).

Our brackets are somewhat flexible, you just have to loosen up the forks, and twist in/out, and tighten up again. (I haven't done it yet) might be one more step.

Last edited:
You might mount the new headlight with the bolts it comes with. On the headlight ears drill a hole about half way back to mount the turn signals in. Some of the Earlier XS650's were set up that way.
Leo

Back