Wanted - Rubber Fork Leg Caps

tadd442

dude.....
Reaction score
Looking for a pair for a '79 2F and I am sticking to the correct part number for that year/style....are they all the same?

Sorry buddy! (bad manners)
I'm Tadd from New Richmond, Wisconsin.
I'm choppin a 1975 XS650, and I have grafted the fork from a 1979 XS400 2F onto it (for the drum hub) hence the part request...Not to worry, I didn't take it from a complete bike, I'm not that type of guy.

While I'm at it, can any of you tell me the length of fork that should be exposed between the bottom of the lower triple tree & the top of the lower leg when the bike is sitting naturally? (No rider) I need to rebuild the internals as they are sticking pretty bad & would like to verify stance before I mount my seat.

Thanks!...so, know where can I get fork caps other than e-bay?

No Probs Tadd, welcome to the forum.

when you say fork caps, you mean the steel plugs pushed in to the top of the stantions holding the springs in? part # 1L9-23111-00 from 1978 xs400D

all the sohc models used the same as far as I can tell! looks like the LC350 is the same too

I'm sure you can still get them from yamaha, also try yamahatopdog, bikebandit, old bike barn

drewps

Thanks for the greet drewpy,:thumbsup:
I mean the rubber caps to conceal everything, Part #1L9-23168-00-00, its for a 1979 2F if that matters, unfortunately, so far I have only located ONE on e-bay and the seller didn't have another for a set.:(

Sorry buddy! (bad manners)
I'm Tadd from New Richmond, Wisconsin.
I'm choppin a 1975 XS650, and I have grafted the fork from a 1979 XS400 2F onto it (for the drum hub) hence the part request...Not to worry, I didn't take it from a complete bike, I'm not that type of guy.

While I'm at it, can any of you tell me the length of fork that should be exposed between the bottom of the lower triple tree & the top of the lower leg when the bike is sitting naturally? (No rider) I need to rebuild the internals as they are sticking pretty bad & would like to verify stance before I mount my seat.

Thanks!...so, know where can I get fork caps other than e-bay?

BUMP!....
Anyone?

i might have a set, give me a day or two to check.

Thanks man....if not, no big deal considering I can get them new. My BUMP was in regards to fork stance though if you/anyone would be so kind as to take a quick measurement.

190mm from under the lower triple tree to the top od the ally fork slider. both the same on my stock and tracker project.

Back