Shaving weight

Attachments

• 2011-10-20 20.50.04.jpg
    2011-10-20 20.50.04.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 166
The stock blinker mounts are removed now, I just hadn't inthe original pics. Remove 1 of the stock turn signals and feel how much it weighs. And there's 4 of them on these bikes!

Posted via Mobile

The stock blinker mounts are removed now, I just hadn't inthe original pics. Remove 1 of the stock turn signals and feel how much it weighs. And there's 4 of them on these bikes!

Posted via Mobile

im just not sure ill be buyin new turn signals, unless they r cheap? i hear replacing them is easy just matching wires

Mirrors are usually required; well, at least one. I bought some aluminum bar end mirrors and they weigh a lot less than a traditional style mirror.

If you replace the turn signals you'll probably have to replace the bullet connectors that come on them. All the modern aftermarket lighting seems to use a smaller bullet connector than my Yamaha. It isn't difficult, but it isn't plug and play.

Do you have inspection where you are? I do, and I have to abide by certain rules.

Mirrors are usually required; well, at least one. I bought some aluminum bar end mirrors and they weigh a lot less than a traditional style mirror.

If you replace the turn signals you'll probably have to replace the bullet connectors that come on them. All the modern aftermarket lighting seems to use a smaller bullet connector than my Yamaha. It isn't difficult, but it isn't plug and play.

Do you have inspection where you are? I do, and I have to abide by certain rules.

no, i live in illinois. but the inspection of the working parts has to pass by me at least, gotta get it all workin.

the new style connectors, is that a matter of splicing on the older style to the new signal?

I chop the small ones off the new parts and just attach the bigger ones. Both sizes are generally sold at any parts/electronics store worth its salt.

im going to be buying a smaller seat, smaller footpegs, and probably removing the electric start, along with the tach, and center lights, none of them work anyways.

Center lights on the console? If you open that up there are tiny bulbs inside that can be replaced. The tach cable may just need to be lubed. A lot of times they never get done in over 30 years. If you're going to drive fast you need a tach or shift light.

The tach is just fine, as so is its cable. I think though the only light thats working on the cneter post is the oil light for turning the bike on. the neutral light is out, and whatever light is on top is out too.

i am on the hunt now for turn signals and a headlight.

Back