Shift pawl question

Wolfe_11B

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody have a shift drum out that can take some pictures for me? I just had this thing together and proper, able to shift through all the gears, neutral was fine etc. Just tossed it back together and it seems I put the pawl blocking plate in the wrong spot in the pin area. If some one can snap a pic or two of it's proper position relative to the drum itself, it would be much appreciated.

I thought it went closest to the locating dowel on the pawl side, but when I have it there it will go through the gears and back over then get stuck in neutral, and I can see that the block doesn't let the pawls engage. So I for sure have it wrong.

I'll start moving it one position at a time til I find it, but would be nice to just get it right the first time after I take it back apart.

Thanks pals!

And nevermind.
Note to self- When you know something should be somewhere, check to make sure you put it there before asking for help.

All works fine now.

:eek:Dang it! I just spent an hour and a half tearing the bottom off my project engine to get you some pictures to come back an see you have it fixed!

Just kidding, glad you got it working!:bike::thumbsup:

Lol I'd feel real bad if you did that! But if you did, I'd like a picture of third gear engaged since it doesn't look right on mine.... So get to tearing down! lol

Lol I'd feel real bad if you did that! But if you did, I'd like a picture of third gear engaged since it doesn't look right on mine.... So get to tearing down! lol
Now I feel bad as the actual project engine is an XS650! Don't think picture of that would help.

Try posting a picture of yours pointing out what looks wrong and maybe some one can help.

Apologize for letting my smart a$$ side post!

How is this pic? I had this since my last tear down.
Tobie

Attachments

• IMG_20140425_163738_015.jpg
    IMG_20140425_163738_015.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20140425_163755_278.jpg
    IMG_20140425_163755_278.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 105
Back