Shifting question.

I'm used to loud, open
Pipes. It's the rpm. My 1st gear winds out at 5mph, 2nd around 10. I have to be in 4th gear to hit 25mph! I have some needle shims, Ill try that buy I don't see what that would have to do w/ reaching too high an rpm @ too low a speed????

It controls the fuel mixture from 15% to 60% open throttle. It sets in the center of the carb, right over the main jet.
Jet Needle. This is the needle that rides in the throttle slide and goes into the needle jet. This needle controls the fuel mixture from 20% to 80% open throttle. It can come in many different sized tapers. Sometimes, one needle can have several tapers on it. The top end of the needle has grooves cut in it, usually five, and you can move the little clip on the end up or down to lean (down) or richen (up) the mixture.
Thise how I meant about your bikes rpm problems.

I'm used to loud pipes and I know how bikes should sound. I had the same problem w/ my KZ but a valve adjustment and a little carb tweaking took care of it. I've got this one all dialed in but it didn't fix the issue. It has to be a clutch issue of some kind as when I adjusted the clutch it did seem to help it a little.
As for jap bikes running @ higher rpm's than Harley, I know that. I know exactly what it should sound and feel like, Im not one of your stupid children. I respect the fact that you've been working on bikes for over 40yrs and if you were here to actually witness what was happening Id be thrilled to have someone wise w/ experiences knowledge and advise. But since you're not here and you seem to be better at being an Internet asshole than a human being, I really have no use for you. So look into someone else's posts to be a wanker to strangers for no good reason. Good day, God bless.

LOL! Ok boy, you just keep typing. Maybe someone will be baffled by the B.S.

Feel free to try and insult me because I called you out. I don't care. But save your self serving platitudes for someone who is fooled by them. You won't be absolved just by offering an insincere blessing.

You're talking mph not kph, right?

yes, I converted it for ya :) n take it easy, I read you're quite the mechanic but dave was just trying to help. As we all are. I know it can be frustrating to get taken for a newb if you're not, but you wouldn't be the first mechanic of 40yrs experience who once forgot to check the killswitch or something...

Am I right? :p

As for your problems, sounds to me like a clutch issue still. There's definitely something wrong I'd say, I don't think it's just your ears..

Back