Simon's Seca

soarsimon

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I just bought an '83 XS400R Seca with about 15K miles on it. I picked it up from a really nice guy up in PA who has owned it since '06. It's in pretty good condition as evidenced by the fact that I've put about 300 miles on it in the week since I picked it up. My last bike was a Ducati MTS 1000DS Multistrada that I sold about 2 years ago. I've been bikeless since then and can't honestly see how I've gone this long without one. The Seca is definitely a change from a liter bike but I'm really having a lot of fun on it. I think it makes me pay more attention to whats going on around me as I don't have the instant torque and hp that my old bike had. I'm liking that...
It does have a slightly leaking cylinder head gasket but it doesn't appear to be actively leaking, just discolored below the seam. I'll keep an eye on it with the thought of a possible rebuild this winter.
The discovery of this forum was quite a find for me as I had no idea there were this many of you guys who are crazy about these old bikes. The more I ride, the more I see why. I'm looking forward to more time lurking around this site and especially to more time on my new (to me) bike!

Thanks' for reading along,
Simon
Mill Spring NC

Oh, actually it's not the cylinder head gasket now that I've done some more looking. It's the cylinder gasket just under the exhaust ports. I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days.

Back