since I got this running, I want to finish it!

FUBAR

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hello people of xs400.com

im sitting here in the midst of winter in central alberta canada... only -5 , as opposed to last weeks balmy -40 + wind chill.

2 weeks ago i just got my bike fired for the very first time, and this is my first 'street' bike ive owned.

i had been tinkering away on the xs for about a year not really moving in a clear direction with no particular pace. since i got the engine put back together and started i feel as though a fire has been light under my ass.

this week i got my '73 sporty tank repaired, frame and wheels sand blasted and decided to chop the center of the frame out because it was looking junky and stock and didnt match the rest of my work. i plan on running a single 1.5" down tube off the back bone to a 1" loop on the lower to tie it in and seal the deal. but i got to wait until i get my tube benders done to finish the frame and more paychecks!

im sort of stressing about my foot control location as i was originally going with some big ape hangers, ive decided i dont like the look and instead will be putting on either a t_bar or straight bar. so do i move the foot controls forward and mess around with linkages and sh!t or mid,, or leave them stock position. i have to reweld on tabs anyways

and for paint ive decided on making the tins look patina'd but have no idae for frame color???

i just made a list and it still seems lke i have so much to either buy or do still its frusterating, so i am reaching out to you xs400 members.

oh my sausage and perogies are almost cooked, ill go snap some pikies quick.

and to you drewpy :
skippidie dee skipitee bow, another speed Sh!t photo shoot from you now :bike:

bikebuild4.jpg

bikebuild3.jpg

bikebuild2.jpg

bikebuild1.jpg

Aye, dig deep, Its gets really bad near the end as it looks done, but there's still tons of fiddly things to do and buy.

Speed sh1t will be out and about in the warm weather, so plenty of opps for photos

found a few

Attachments

• xs400 tracker1.jpg
    xs400 tracker1.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 287
  • xs400 tracker 2.jpg
    xs400 tracker 2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 283
frame looks great man. i think your gonna finish before me. yours is apart with a running engine. mine is together with a fuel delivery issue lol. i LOOOOOOVE the seat with a little thigh dents.

Back