Spark on Right side only

wow..thanks for the link..I just read the posts over there....makes it sound like I could fix it.....dont have a multi meter...but am going to look into having someone local help me check it out...and show me how to swap it out if its bad.

Check the connections at the igniter box and wires going to and from. Mine did that last year, and after half a day of looking I noticed that one of the wires had broken off right at the connector, very close to the plug. Old brittle wires.

It was the CDI...Igniter.. got a new one on ebay.. Spark on both plugs now... now trying to figure out the damn exhaust flanges.. there not fitting right

... now trying to figure out the damn exhaust flanges.. there not fitting right

on original pipes?

first put the "clamp ring" from the rear up to the front pipe, making sure the "step" ends up abutted to the pipe flange.

offer it near to the head and slip in the copper gasket (most times it will already be stuck in there)

keep the pipe in the head with your knee and between the clamp ring and the flange, put the half section collars in, pull the clamps over the exhaust studs and finger tighten the nuts on.

do the other side the same.

only when the silencers are on and fitted do you begin to tighten up the exhaust clamps properly and finish up tightening the silencers

Sigh! That's what you miss when you leave the bike and book together elsewhere. Thanks Drewpy!
Adam

Back