Storm Nemo

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Im sure alot of our east coast friends here are going to be affected in a big way by this storm.Predictions of 12-24inches plus with localised amounts over 3 feet expected.I cant wait to see some pictures when its done.As nemo was developing it left a swath of 6-11 inches of snow here in lower michigan.I got about 6-8 inches of snow here where I live.High winds and blowing snow are going to make for miserable friday here.Thankfully I got out yesterday and bought everything I needed so I dont have to get out today.

Its been coming down at about 1 inch per hour here forthe last 3 hours.Its finaly winding down but with the high winds we will have blizzard conditions for most of the day.Im not even going to try and remove it till things calm down.

So anyone here get buried in by Nemo?
East Coasters were buried and will no doubt post pics on here after their power comes on.
I waited until 3:00 PM Friday for it to start tapering off - then fired up the trust "hoovercraft" and blew the 12" out. Had to walk back and forth slowly in a low gear though. Luckily, our woods cuts the wind and I didn't have drifts to contend with - if you don't count the 2 trips down the line by the plow.

I been watching some of the snow reports and video clips on TWC but they have hardly scratched on how much snow realy fell.Living in Michigan about half my life I can remember 3 solid snowstorms that were as bad as Nemo.The Blizzard of 78 was by far the most impressive snowstorm I can remember in my life time.

You know you own an XS400 when you first shovel a path to your workshop, then you do the driveway. 'Cause those carbs aren't going to clean themselves...
Absolutely TRUE.
If one waits until Monday, the 42 degrees plus rain will take care of the driveway for you - but the carbs will still be laughing at you, demanding attention.

Back