Stupid is as stupid does

226dark

78 2E
Reaction score
I was ordering drum brake shoes from YamSportsPlaza and added rear quantity 1. Got distracted was going to order shoes for front. Didn't double check the checkout cart. When arrived in mail i realized that i ordered 2 sets of rear drum brakes.
I know the part number is completely different and I do not believe they are interchangeable or same size and haven't taken the wheels off yet. (?)
Probably a re-order. Life is like a box of chocolates, ha

:laugh: was just thinking last night, better use rear brake more when out on a 20 mile ride. Today i changed the oil, did points w/ timing light and rode it 40 miles to leave it off for spokes to be done, and the new tires (arrived today), tubes and balance carbs - though it runs flawless and sounds synced. I don't have a vacuum gauge and it's in good hands. I looked longingly at it as we drove away since I won't have it til Monday or Tuesday :( But will be a complete and safe ride (minus front brakes, HA). And only 4 days past my personal completion date deadline of April 6.

As for chain length, where I butted in on another thread, old chain had 100 but also had at least 4 inches of slack! (i don't recall how much the chain adjust bolts were). I asked the guy to rivet-remove a link to 98 and it should be all good :)

So new front brake shoes and this time will get it right! :bike:

Back