Suggestions for removing a stuck rear axel

Gentlemanjim, I have two 1978 SR500Es with clean titles, but they aren't for sale... yet. Really looking forward to thumping around next year.

WOO HOO!!! Finally got the axle out. Only took about 4 hours, a torch, and some choice words I created. The left side dust seal melted, but all else looks good. I will not be reusing the wheel bearings. Thanks again for all the suggestions, guys!

Good to hear! when I read that it was the spacer you had access to (and not the one between the bearings) I knew a little heat would do the trick.

Travis,

This calls for a third forum SR500's and SRX 600's love them, but never could find one I could afford to buy.

Danno, I'd like to buy this bike stuck axle and all.

Jim, I actually have a 78 SR500 myself. I'm also not selling mine at the moment. Don't think I'll be creating a forum for them either since they are even more rare than XS400s. If anything, the next one will be for Honda CB 750s. :D

danno, This is the seller picture from the day before I bought it. I don't have any recent pictures but I've removed the battery, air filters, and everything else under the seat. I also swapped to a Minkuni VM36mm carb. That about it... It's still the ugly purple. Too many other projects ahead of it.

Attachments

• 3-15-08_009.jpg
    3-15-08_009.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 359
Please keep me updated on the SR, Travis. I will be interested in seeing how it turns out. I will post pics of my SR(s) once I get a decent camera.

Good job!

Travis,

This calls for a third forum SR500's and SRX 600's love them, but never could find one I could afford to buy

I'll second that one. There is a fairly active SR500 forum but the SRX600 garage is not busy. Well I'm used to the XS650.com site though.
My SRX.
IMG_00462.jpg

Back