Swingarm bolt measurement

Supercoyote

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping someone could help me out. My current swingarm pivot bolt is seized in the swingarm and it won't be coming out without some serious damage to it, so i'm on a search for a new one at a couple wreckers nearby. I don't want to pull it and potentially ground my bike for a few weeks if I can't source one, so I was wondering if anyone has a length measurement from a bolt they have laying around? Mine is an XS360, but I would assume the SOHC 400's would be the same. Thanks folks

They arent made any more so you should really try to take care of them. They should all be the same, except some of the later ones have a grease nipple on one end.

When you take the swingarm off, theres probably going to be a couple of very thin shim washers. Remember how everything goes back together as one side may have more shims than the other.

Now would also be a good time to get bronze swingarm bushings.

Got my bronze bushings in hand, but my local junkyard just has an unmarked box of different swingarm pivots, so a measurement would help me make sure I'm coming home with the correct one since I can't pull my existing one without cocking up the whole thing, then if they don't have a replacement I'm out of a bike until one can ship from who knows where.

Any other replaced Les I should be aware of though? I have new bushings, as long as j get a new swingarm that's it for the swingarm though correct?

Thanks! I've been trying to find one locally to avoid the absurd shipping some of these guys charge, but I might have to bite the bullet and go for that

Back