Tank question?

Does nobody have any info on this. It seems as though it could just mount up. It seems in has a wide enough tunnel from pictures I have seen. I know some other bobbers use them is place of the sporty tanks and would like to see if this is an alternative for our xs400 group.

I think the problem with tank questions is that tanks are freakin expensive. I have tons of ideas about tanks that should work but most people can't afford to buy a tank just to try it. Most of the guys on this forum I suspect are on a pretty strict budget and stick to what they know will work. One of the things I've done is look for tanks that I think may work and then find damaged ones on ebay. Sometimes you can get an old rusty tank for $15-30 and it may not be usable but you can try it out. If it works then cool, find one in better shape and buy it. Just an idea.

and theres not going to be some tank off another bike that just bolts up. the xs400 is fairly unique with its tri-top tube design. not sure theres another bike out there with this configuration. im guessing a tank with a shallow tunnel on the underside will sit on the xs400, if your okay with the side tubes showing.

not trying to be rude, but theres a new tank thread everyday
:gun: :confused:

Back