? to those who converted from buckhorn bars to Eurostyle

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Did you have get a longer cable or reroute it somehow.I haven't got a chance to mess with it so far since we been trapped in artic like weather for the last 2 months.My cable is very tight so this why Im wondering.
Aaron

No, stock cables and routing will work fine. The euro bars, if anything, are lower than the bucks and the controls are closer to the front of the bike without that extreme pullback found on the bucks. If you end up needing to reroute anything it's a trivial job. Since the difference isn't massive often this just means tweaking the routing at or near the triple tree/forks.

If you do change the routing the most important thing is to test the bike before riding it. Move the bars from full lock left to full lock right and make sure nothing is tugging on the cables. Do this while the bike is running/idling but NOT moving. This way you can HEAR if the throttle cable is being tugged on. If routed poorly the cables could prevent you from turning or your cables could get engaged accidentally by being pull/stretched against the motorcycle body if they are too tight/kinked; this could lead to unintentional braking/acceleration/clutching.

Well I have the bars already installed my cable is tight.Like I said I installed the bars right before the artic plunge hit so with it being so cold I haven't had a chance to play around and reroute the cable.When ever it warms up I`ll play around with it and see if anything changes.Thats good news though that I dodnt have to buy a new cable.Just got a get some grips still.

Back