Video, of a noise by the pickup coil (ignition)

Wish i could be more specific but i cant unless it was sitting in front of me. I will confess i havent torn my motor down yet. Do you know the trick of using a socket extension as a stehoscope might help narrow it down some.some missing orings could do it. Dont take my advice as gospel im not the most experinced with these motors.

Last edited:
I tried that on the top 4 corners, the head sounded good. I didn't do anything on the left side. I suppose I should do it to the stator cover, by the starter. perhaps the starter clutch is making noises?

I think you might be right. It seems to me, that after the fact, there is instructions in the manual that said the taper is suppose to be on the taper shaft, so I guess I need to double check that. (since I didn't look for that when I put it on)

Mental note, The one cylinder issue, I have tried a different coil, and a different TCI. neither did any good. I have purchased a new plug, just haven't tried it yet. perhaps after this bout of rain.

Anyone have a line on a TCI rebuilder of some sort? Thanks
Tobie

Last edited:
Success, Bad valve adjustment. Sounds better now.
Compression was 70 rt side/120 lf side. after adjustment 115.

Exhaust left was way off. It seems I didn't need to buy all those extra coils, and TCI. I thought for sure I had a strong chance of blowing them away!

You got me, i was guessing, this is what I wrote down, Final compression numbers looks like Rt 130, Lf 105. I think I did one more, i might not have written down. I thought left got up to 115 or so :banghead:

The lowest numbers for these motors are around 120 or so. A new/very good motor is 150+. Thought you rebuilt the motor after the break down you had:confused:

I took it to a mechanic, works out of his garage. I thought he ran the glass beads in the cylinder. (wire whip) He determine the cylinders were not shot. He didn't charge much much for valve removal/replacement, (free). I put in new rings. I will double check the numbers tomorrow. My neighbour is loaning me a compression checker.

That funky noise, was from the cylinder that was at 70psi

I am getting the Gaskets tomorrow for the rocker plugs, I just got the o-rings last week. So I will get those fixed up tomorrow. Here is what my bike sounds like now! I will also do one more compression check!

Turned out the gaskets were there, just not the rubbers o-rings. It was raining today, when i was playing around there. Sounds better from first vid :D

Back