WARNING! Avoid motocycleparts-inc on eBay

iaregenius

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude! This guy is something else! Talk about a horrible way to run a business. I was looking for an 18" spoked wheel for my rear and found one on ebay He had it listed for $70 with a best offer option. Now I'm under the impression that the best offer option is to invite offers that are lower than the asking price and they can accept, decline or counter-offer. I always get a counter offer or they accept it but what did this guy do? He raised the price to $90 and sent me a nasty email. Telling me that I was a lowballer piece of scum, come on! I offered $60, is that so bad for a 30 year old rusty wheel?

Take a look at this guys responses to neutral and negative feedback, and I quote:

"LIAR! PACKAGE WAS SEALED FROM THE FACTORY I CANNOT FIX STUPID!!!"

"Explained mistake to this d-bag and whines like a crybaby. I cannot fix stupid!!"

These are just a couple of responses like this to customers with legitimate claims.

He has a lot of vintage Yamaha stuff so be warned.

here's his website http://motocyclepartsinc.com/
:wtf:

Thought I'd have some fun and yank his chain. Went to the link, offered 15.00. Automatic response, offer declined. Oh well. Anyway if a person says make an offer they shouldn't get offended, and should make a counter offer.

Yep, you encounter folks like that. You are absolutely correct about the way "Best Offer" is supposed to work and your offer was certainly reasonable. Send a copy of his response to ebay with a complaint. Refer to his descriptions of customers. Don't need jerks like this around. I have seen sellers yanked for doing business this way.

His warehouse is only half an hour from my house. I've been out there a few times. He's got about 600 motorcycles and countless boxes of parts. It's like the Home Depot of vintage bikes. He has high hopes for the amount of money he wants from them though.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with him bro.

Back