What did you do with your XS today?

I got a 4300K bulb a few weeks ago. While I haven't ridden with it, some quick testing with it shows it is much "warmer", better at not washing out colours and less glare. I wish I had bought it first rather than the 6000K I started with.

Bamabill Rode mine over 100 miles today. Biggest ride for the 400 since I got her. Everything worked as it should with no problems! Got a lot of complements from my riding buddies.

I would guess you can pretty much ride year around?

My new uni's came today:) Also the rest of the aluminum fasteners.

Attachments

• DSC02322.jpg
    DSC02322.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC02323.jpg
    DSC02323.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 217
Let me know what kind of jetting you use for those! They should flow a lot of air. Are those 360 carbs?

Let me know what kind of jetting you use for those! They should flow a lot of air. Are those 360 carbs?

Yes they are xs360 carbs with stock jets. I ran them all last year with the k&n's and had no issues. I don't think I will need to do much with the carbs on these because they are also an oiled filter.

The rubber intake boots are oem from yamaha. I got them off ebay for $30 a pair back a few years ago. You can find them aftermarket on eaby for around $40 a pair.

I would guess you can pretty much ride year around?

Almost, we have been in the 60s today but cold front is pushing through tonight, gonna be in the 30s for the high in the next couple of days.... There is no "winterizing" here, we get some good riding weather every other week throughout the winter.

Had a little bit of time away from the forum - but not the bike :)

Crashed it a little on a roundabout. They salt the roads here against the snow (which we haven't had yet this year) but the brine itself makes the road very slippery as well. So I went about my usual ways banking the bike on the roundabout and suddenly I was on the floor :doh: with sparks flying off the bike. Luckily I was wearing full gear so I was fine, you can barely see any damage on my jacket or pants. I was maybe going 20 mph so that probably helped :)

The bike is fine too, just the headlight housing got a little cracked. Nothing a bit of duct tape can't fix :D

Also took the fiancée out on the back for the first time and she loved it. So we'll do a lot more riding together I think since we don't own a car anyways. Got her some gear, so we're all set. Now busy finding a good deal on a tank bag and perhaps some saddlebags or something

:) ... Crashed it a little on a roundabout...
Glad you are okay. Sounds like my 5 mph "crash" 2 years ago the first week I had the sr250.
A little triangle of sand in the middle of a "T" intersection: beautiful day, no moisture, admiring the scenery, leaned into my left off the main road into the side street, crossed the triangle - boom, on the floor, sparks, damaged pride. And a new priority: the scenery in front of the bike over that beyond the next curve.

Willem glad no harm was done to yourself or much to your bike.? though why did they brine the roads if there was no snow?:shrug:BTW if you need some snow you can always make the trip to the Great Lakes area theres a foot or more in most areas.Which reminds me its been 3.5 months since I have been able to ride,I realy miss the heck out of riding right now.

May have screwed up on an ebay order. got in a hurry, found one for 10+20 shipping, didn't read the discription till i done paid. its for a dohc maxim....I'm planning on stripping it anyway and making it into a king queen style for a chopper look that I'm after...maybe it will work. i just don't want to cut up my nice seat.

Yea I'm fine and the bike is fine :) no harm done besides to my pride. They brine the roads here as a precautionary measure since it's impossible to start spraying salt when it's already snowing and still cover all the main roads. Also they stocked up on massive amounts of salt this year since two years ago they were out halfway through winter (there was a lot of snow that year). So it's my personal belief that they now start salting way too early (at 7C or 45F temps) since they have all this salt anyways. I guess they don't really trust the weather forecast :shrug:

Over here where I live they salt first when the snow starts to fall then they scrape it off with the plow and salt again.Kinda bassackwards but we don't have to worry about bad roads for long.They over kill on the salt then our vehicles rust away.

Back