What did you do with your XS today?

A little bit of scotch brite and gloss black plasti kote can work wonders!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 262
Bled the brakes....back one is still crap....something else to Investigate. Made up a bracket for the speed sensor. Hate this part of a build...everything is fiddly and a pain in the arse.

Attachments

• 20140512_161711.jpg
    20140512_161711.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 252
Went for my first long ride of the year. Was raining most of the night, so the roads were pretty slick when I headed out in the morning. Rode around 150 km along a bunch of back roads. Close calls were had, but I still made it back in one piece.
Also tested my new pods and jets. Went up from 135 to 142.5 on the left and 135 to 145 on the right. Pulls great through the rev range and has no problem getting up to highway speed.

I have my gas tank off while investigating the wiring issue on my bike.I couldn't get the tank to stop dripping gas so I drained the gas and dumped in my truck.doesnt look like I`ll be needing any in the bike for a while.

Changed my stator and field coil for better ones. Changed the fork oil but think I will have to go a bit thicker....fork travel still a bit gash.

Broke my brake lever trying to straighten it. :(

Well, last night I removed the balance adjusting screw from my perfectly balanced carbs to put a spring on it I didn't know it should have....then balanced the carbs again. d@mmit.

"thanks" xschris.

Hmm more bad news....my pal had my compression tester so I didn't do it before I put the 400 engine in the frame.....did it today and found 150 on right cyl.....75 on left.

Bugger. :(

Away to work for 3 weeks so have plenty of time to ponder next move......think I will rebuild my 250 engine as I at least have the right carbs for it.

Hmm more bad news....my pal had my compression tester so I didn't do it before I put the 400 engine in the frame.....did it today and found 150 on right cyl.....75 on left.

Bugger. :(

Away to work for 3 weeks so have plenty of time to ponder next move......think I will rebuild my 250 engine as I at least have the right carbs for it.

Put some oil like a teaspoon worth down the spark plug hole and do another check. If it goes way up then it's the ring/piston. If it don't change much it is the valves. Did you adjust the valves correctly?

Put some oil like a teaspoon worth down the spark plug hole and do another check. If it goes way up then it's the ring/piston. If it don't change much it is the valves. Did you adjust the valves correctly?

Think so, will check again and test again.

Bike died for the first time this year.
The story goes that I was turning left at an busy intersection at half choke. The bike starts to rev as it normally does when it's ready for the next choke position down, so I shift it. SUDDENLY IT DIES. No idea why, but it'll only rev, for a second, up to 2k RPM now and again at full choke but otherwise nothing. No idea why. I feel like an idiot trying all the different choke positions multiple times until a car pulls up behind me (now off in the bike lane) to see what's going on. A fellow gets out, looks at the bike and asks "What's the problem?" Now I feel like a real a$$hole since someone's got out of their car to say something. He helps me look around and we find that the petcock has let go of the vacuum tube. I get the attention of a car-full of people and a bunch of cute university girls for a problem I can't even fix on my own bike. Someone wanna take this thing away from me?
On another note, I got offered $3k for my ride yesterday :D However, it isn't for sale.

Back