What did you do with your XS today?

Technically I did this last night... wired up my old Warrior taillight, gonna make some real mounts for it and the plate this weekend.

No brakes applied
photo1.jpg

Brake light activated!
photo.jpg

Well...glad to finally report that i finally got the carbs cleaned and back on. Adjusted them and cleaned the spark plugs......and guess what? She's alive! My $300 investment is up and running! Took her for a short trip up and down the road and was impressed. Tonight after work I wrap one of the sparkplug boots in electrical tape as it is arcing against the stator, will replace the old spark plugs, and put her new plates on her and start to really enjoy ownership! My wonerful other half is going today to register it and get plates and I am good to go. Left to do...order the starter from Xschris today, change out plugs of course, and give her a good shine up!

Last edited:
Should be Wed - upon returning from black-fly country after May Two-Four.

Haha where you headed, Muskoka? My cottage this time of year has a permanent black cloud around it. Black flies are easily the most frustrating and maddening insect. Worse then mosquitoes and horseflies.

Haha where you headed, Muskoka? My cottage this time of year has a permanent black cloud around it. Black flies are easily the most frustrating and maddening insect. Worse then mosquitoes and horseflies.
Fortunately NOT Muskoka. Lake Huron. With luck there will be an on-shore breeze and the blood-loss will be minimal.

Got another speedo for cheap its what I wanted works good and I like how it looks. Off a 76 xs650:)

Last edited:
Will ride to work today (as I have been every day since i got her running). Tomorrow I will take out the starter and put the replacement in (Thanks once again Xschris!), and also change out the 15w 40 rotella t with 20w50 as I would like her to run with just a little less noise. Will also patch a couple of holes I found on the underside of the mufflers.

Got my KN filter installed, fits like a glove. did my seat polstring, now i need to find a dead cow. :eek:

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 235
Ok.... today I put in the starter (thanks Xschris!).... got the brake light working for the rear brake.... changed the plugs...patched the mufflers as I can't afford new ones right now. Was finally able to start her with a push of the button instead of a kick of the foot! Was awesome!!!

Ran a couple of hills several different ways with the 16T, sold the sr250 then returned home and swapped in the 17T front sprocket just before dark.

Didn't do it today, but rather this long weekend. I took a ride down to Grand Bend to meet up with my family at the cottage. I felt pretty good parking my Piglet up against my uncle's Harley, Ducatis, and Ural. Felt like it contrasted the performance and age pretty well.

Back