What did you do with your XS today?

Ya I noticed we have twins (maybe to be reunited some day) and the scary guy is my atempt at a self image. I just realized how little hair I have left. The first Maxim I owned was in high school and my hair used to hang out from under my helmet. But those days are gone my friend. Long gone!

So Lou R.

Miserable in wetness. I feel your for you, I thought the weather was hailing on me, couldn't tell thou it was 11pm when I was driving home in the wet. What a crazy season. Sorry Oklahoma! Best wishes!

So Lou R.

Miserable in wetness. I feel your for you, I thought the weather was hailing on me, couldn't tell thou it was 11pm when I was driving home in the wet. What a crazy season. Sorry Oklahoma! Best wishes!
lol . When the squall line went through at 90 degrees to my trajectory, I wasn't 100% sure there weren't tiny pellets in the mix. Either that or giant raindrops - stung right through the jacket.

PS - did you ever notice that the brakes don't work as well when they are soaking wet?

Rode to a local bike show called the Hollywood happenings. alot of great Harleys but not much else. no cafes or any parallel motors:shrug: but alot of fun anyways.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• 20130601_192459.jpg
    20130601_192459.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 20130601_192536.jpg
    20130601_192536.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 225
Our stile of bikes are becoming very rare now. Its seems where ever I go its all v-twins and they all look the same:wtf:

Our stile of bikes are becoming very rare now. Its seems where ever I go its all v-twins and they all look the same:wtf:
LOL - I think new bike buyers wanting to have a truly unique, one-of-a-kind bike, should be contrarian - buy a Harley Davidson and leave it 100% stock.

I worked on getting my exhaust sytem back together.Was trying to figure out how to fab this 2 into 1 but Its very difficult without a pattern and measurements to figure out.

Changed the oil and filter and switched to Rotella T6 5W-40 full synthetic oil with a K&N oil filter.
The magnet on the drain plug had very little debris on it, and the filter didn't have any visible debris in it, so the previous Rotella 15W-40 dino oil was doing it's job. It will be interesting to see if the clutch and shifting feel changes any, and what the fuel mileage will be.

Where did you get the drain bolt with the magnet? I need one.

:thumbsup:

I got a package of small rare earth magnets at a local hardware store. Just stuck one on the shank end of the bolt when changing the oil. Glue it on of you want, but it won't go anywhere.

lol . When the squall line went through at 90 degrees to my trajectory, I wasn't 100% sure there weren't tiny pellets in the mix. Either that or giant raindrops - stung right through the jacket.

PS - did you ever notice that the brakes don't work as well when they are soaking wet?

not much works when you're running with no fenders:banghead: Thankfully it only died a short 5 min walk from home:D Living on a dirt road sucks when it pours like it did on Friday:shootme:

Attachments

• DSC02599.jpg
    DSC02599.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 201
Nothing Not even look at it. BUT the plan is to try again for more success getting it to run. Change the oil & filter finish fabbing up then mounting the new mufflers (Emgo Megaphones). Fitting the air filters and Maybe just maybe drive it around the yard once or twice to try the front & rear brakes. Sounds like a lot but I have all week. Oh also shave the turn signals off & fix the headlight. A full slate

filled with enthusiam now that she starts runs and stops fitted the side panel kinda.
cable ties rock i'll do it properly eventually this it just a mock up honest.
1756_10200147731792412_1669969100_n.jpg

the gaps aren't quite right yet but getting there.
I have no intention of usuing this tank long term it was free so i dont feel bad cutting it or bashing it to get it to fit. once i get it to fit i'll get a nicertank the same and make it fit too.

I got the pipes on and had to fight with the mounting straps, center & kick stand. They both hit the muffler with a BANG! but the straps are long enough and have enough holes that I could extend them making a stop just below the mufflers. The kick stand got a piece of rubber hose on it. Still didn't get it to run. Turns over great and has good compression but No Fire in the holes. Guess I've got to rip thru those new carbs again. I'll try to get a few pictures tonight and post them.

I stripped my gas tank down for the 3rd or 4th time.I have never been satisfied with the last attempt to paint it and the color red I wanted didnt match what the top of the can showed.Then after I cleared coated it and let cure for a couple of weeks I waxed it which left a hazy look to the finish.I wanted royal metalic blue to begin with so Im going to make an attempt to repaint it this color.Im also going to use a better clear coat than what i used.Hopefully it turns out right this time cause I like royal metalic blue over red anyday.

Rode the piss right out of her today:thumbsup:. Took it to work today and witnessed an accident that I bet none of you have ever seen! A dumptruck up ahead of me a ways was in the next lane over. Coming up on a overpass, county road coming over the highway. Guess what...it didnt make it! It was pretty freakin terrifying! The box got smashed off of the truck from hitting the overpass and wedged itself tight between the road and the overpass. Most freakish accident I have ever seen!:yikes: You dont see that everyday! Thank god I wasnt right up on that truck when that happened!
http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20130603/APC0101/306030238/Southbound-lane-open-after-State-441-dump-truck-crash-video-photos-update-?nclick_check=1

Back