What did you do with your XS today?

Every time I see a hotdog on a crotch-rocket drafting a truck, I remember the tunnel into old Terminal 1 when I worked at the airport. In spite of large signs someone would either peel back the top of a trailer or wedge himself in there every week. Sometimes all they needed to do was let air out of the tires and back up. Other times they'd haul away lots of scrap metal.

Did they say why this guy was driving with his dump trailer up?

There was a bridge near my old home that was clearly marked for clearance 1/2 mile away but there is always someone wedged under it. Turned out the signage hadn't been updated after several repaveing projects that added 2" of asfault each to the road.

Thought about it but didn't even open the shed. Rain Rain go away. Let me fix my bike today. And when it runs like it was new. I will have some riding to do.

Rode her like a cruiser out in the country side and enjoyed her companionship. Rode her like a Dual Sport on freshly graded gravel roads, she dances with great posture despite the street tires. Rode her like I stole her, she likes it hard and screams for more! ;)

And I still averaged 5.5L/100km for this tank.

Cant help myself. Did you at least buy her dinner? Not Mc Donalds but something really good like Subways? Oh and a kiss on the cheek when you tucked her in for the night.

Rode her like a cruiser out in the country side and enjoyed her companionship. Rode her like a Dual Sport on freshly graded gravel roads, she dances with great posture despite the street tires. Rode her like I stole her, she likes it hard and screams for more!
Man I cant wait to get on mine and run the crap out of her.Should know tomorrow if I havbe a 2 into 1 crosses fingers.Otherwise its back to the down pipes with the harley mufflers.A new color for summer which will hopefully last till next summer.

Cant help myself. Did you at least buy her dinner? Not Mc Donalds but something really good like Subways? Oh and a kiss on the cheek when you tucked her in for the night.

Sure I did, I'm a gentleman! I fed her a tank of Shell Gold. And I gave her a bubble bath when we got home, then put her to bed so she will be rested for tomorrow.

:)

Sprayed down the motor with Gunk. Scrubbed it and...still old oil all over the motor. I need a new approach. Perhaps some Scotch Brite pads and more elbow grease.

Received an empty plastic bag that was supposed to have a brake caliper piston and seals in it. :banghead: :banghead: Other then that just planning on working on her tomorrow but it will probly be nice and I will go for a ride on the 650. :bike: I really do have to get back on the 400. If only carbs were like wine, get better with age. LOL

Sprayed down the motor with Gunk. Scrubbed it and...still old oil all over the motor. I need a new approach. Perhaps some Scotch Brite pads and more elbow grease.

give it a good soaking with a citrus degreaser leave it fora wee while then steam it.

anless you want the brushed effect that scotchbrite pads give you but its hard work and sore fingers are on the horizon.

I put in some more oil last night, realized I hadn't checked it for a while and didn't see any through the sight glass :eek: Luckily it wasn't that bad, only took a little bit of extra oil to get it back to the right amount..

But I should keep an eye on it, thats for sure.

Other than that I greased lots of moving parts (like both stands, the footrests, cables, levers, moving carb parts, etc) and adjusted my gear shift lever to the right height again.

I was trying to adjust my rear monoshock since it's on the stiffest setting ever since I got this bike (I have a seca). I don't have the original tool kit, does anyone have suggestions on how to adjust it with normal tools? I tried a couple of things but it wouldn't budge. :shrug:

... I was trying to adjust my rear monoshock ... does anyone have suggestions on how to adjust it with normal tools? I tried a couple of things but it wouldn't budge. :shrug:
I haven't tried it, but how about one of those heavy duty levered "wrenches" which use the thick neoprene rubber strap? The harder you pull, the tighter the grip gets - kind of like how a pipe wrench will grip tighter but without leaving nasty chew marks.

Back