What did you do with your XS today?

Im no engineer by any meens but I understand where Mr Stubbs is coming from.Why not make both runners even you will get even air flow and fuel dissapation.Looks like I alot of effort went into making it which is cool.Question is how did you come up with the design was it something thats been tried and proven?

Installed mirror extenders, braided stainless brake line, and 40 pilot jets. All done in 1.5 hrs including breaks for sweat replenishment - it is 30 C and 70% humidity in the shade. :(

Now for an afternoon of riding!

Well, getting money out to buy a 1981 xs400 Special II on friday. Current owner has it on road and riding! Getting her for $400!
Welcome to the Forum. I hope it is not just running, but running well. If that's the case, then for the first little while at least, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Enjoy riding, and reading all there is to read on here first.

welcome dath!

Last night I rode my XS like the wind! Pretty sure my speedometer stops working at over 110 kph, I'm pretty sure I was going quite a bit faster than that :p should test next time with satellite navigation on my phone or something. My guess is it went up to about 145 yesterday, that's about 90 mph :)

Wore earplugs for the first time as well, man that is great on the highway!

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 253
hey, hey, hey, what do you know, i did my first LEGAL (had plates/insurance/license) kilometers on my maxim today. oh man, that felt great. i've been sneaking out prior and have been testing my fate with the police. did i mention it felt good? somebody please come wipe this smile off my face...

Doesn't have to be an XS400 does it? I bought an XS750, am I still allowed? :D

Working on tearing down the carbs as well as some other maintenance.

Went and seen my 400 at my dads house, he changed the starter switch and it fires right up and idles good. I gave her to him to ride since I got the 650 but I will be cruising on her a couple times lol

Just got told by the fascists that manage my condo building that I can't park both my car and my bike in one parking spot, despite the fact both vehicles sit comfortably in the spot.

Just got told by the fascists that manage my condo building that I can't park both my car and my bike in one parking spot, despite the fact both vehicles sit comfortably in the spot.
They just want 2 times your money. Fascists, probably not. Greedy bastards -- oh yes.

Back