What did you do with your XS today?

This ethanol free premium,Like the old premium back in the day we used to be able to get at the gas stations.I bought mine from a local marina @$4.75 x 4 gallons.

I also ordered high torgue baffles and did some polishing on my lower forks which pitted pretty bad.
So alot of acomplishment done today since I finaly had the time.

Puregas.com I believe is the site that tells you where you can get ethanol free gas... There's several stations near me that sell it for the same price.

Yes you are correct about pure gas.I live in a boating and water recreation gate way and close to marinas.Other than buying avation fuel the marinas are the best place for me to buy it.I love it this gas has that old fashioned smell to that gas used to have and its not corrosive to paint either.I would rather spend $5 more per tank getting efree premium than running E10- or E15.

Was 250km from home, on the way to the cottage to be with the family for our long weekend, when the bike died. No spark. Checked what I could with limited tools, but couldn't find anything wrong. Ended up sitting at the side of a country road for 5 hours before my neighbour arrived with his trailer. Not the way I hoped to spend the afternoon, but it could have been worse. The weather was nice, I had a book to read and some water to drink.

First time the bike has left me stranded in a year of riding over 11,000km. :(

I had a similar thing happen. Bike went totally dead while riding, then nothing.
Turned out it was the old style glass tube fuse on the main circuit. Fuse itself was okay but fuse holder and the fuse tips were not making good contact.

I didn't check the main fuse, but the ignition fuse is good. Lights all work... Going to get into it this morning, but I have a feeling it is the TCI module that has died. That will have me down for the next couple of days since Monday is a civic holiday here...

Sorry to hear that. I had no lights, no neutral light, no horn but after playing with the main fuse I was (intermittently) back on my way. Time for some of those new-fangled car fuse holders of a conversion fuse box I think.

Found a shorted wire on the left rear turn signal today and fixed it.Also bought some Auto Lite AP63 plugs for it.Clear coat my forks that I polished yesterday.Thought maybe I would have time for a ride but got busy with a bunch of other things.

Performed all the ignition system tests in the manual without finding a fault.
Replaced glass fuses with blade fuses just to be sure voltage wasn't an issue - still no spark.
Removed TCI module and re-flowed all solder joints, had trouble with a number of them bubbling once the solder was flowing - bike started and ran for a few minutes before dying again.
Rinsed circuit board of TCI module with WD40 and blew off excess, then re-flowed solder joints again - bike hasn't missed a beat since!
Another soaking with WD40 and put it all back together. Time will tell if moisture was problem...

Finaly got everything all buttoned up on the bike fresh efree prium in the tank and went to test it out.I can tell the difference vs E10.Alot more power and louder:yikes:Hopefully dont have to wait forever on the baffles I ordered.

Wait till you get to 3rd base - you'll know you're in love when you take your lead to try and steal "home" :wink2:

i keep trying to think of a witty comeback. i got nothing.

Slated for next weekend though is fitting the monoshock to the xs frame.

Is it Friday yet?

I beat a friends harly 1340 with a screaming eagle kit in a 0 -60 drag race. beat him 3 times. Haha he was so mad... Good ol four hundow.:poke:

Posted via Mobile

Back