What did you do with your XS today?

Rode all the way to downtown Georgetown via the Forks, Terra Cotta & Glen Williams. A new record for me. Actually ran an errand there - a first for me (with the bike).
Didn't see frwinks though as it was after lunch.
I was stuck at the office pushing a pencil:banghead:

some wicked riding in that area, check out old baseline next time you're that way and stay on the throttle going over some of the hill crests:smoke: Prolly the only time you'll get the xs400 front wheel (or both if you try hard enough) off the ground:D

check out old baseline next time you're that way...
Love Old Base Line. I'm nervous on the best of those humps as the road is sometimes covered in red sand from the tourists stopping to look at "the badlands". There are a few crosses along that stretch so I am always mindful.

Today I didn't ride in the torrential rain and wind - just loaded her on the trailer for a trip to the Bruce Peninsula.

went for a short ride after cleaning the carbs, a bit better and now I think I'll clean them again. 6ish miles, not bad.

Periodically looked out the window at it still strapped to the trailer under a tarp in the pouring cold rain. There's always tomorrow.

Today I took apart the old, leaking petcock to see if I could get it fixed. Cleaned up the inside and outside with Seafoam and a pile of Q-tips. I added a spacing nut on the vacuum side to get a better seal on the fuel side. I now have a 95-99% seal without vacuum. I'll be taking it to my old high school on Monday to borrow their dremel tool and fun chemicals to get the valve seat all shiny and smooth.
Next on the list: Replace old O-ring on selector valve (still using a rubber band), and finally do all the same stuff to the other (also leaky) petcock.

Welded up more spots on the frame. Fixed the previous owners bad ideas. Lifted up front of gas tank. Primered frame and sissy bar. Now just electrical box and wiring to go. Maybe chop handlebars for more of a lane splitter look.:thumbsup:

Stripped one of the gear selector bolts like cookie-dough, ordered a gasket kit and flywheel puller, starting to reno the cylinder head. All in all a slow day, recovering from a birthday party last night :doh:

made a sassy sissy bar

DSC00776.jpg

bike looks wicked FUBAR! :)

I took my lil bike over to Dumbarton castle today, and ventured back to base along some fire trails :D

63ea8f76.jpg

0c508cea.jpg

9e273a9b.jpg

b565f9a3.jpg

d7f2daa1.jpg

e0d1fbe1.jpg

dceb7caa.jpg

19cdd053.jpg

ab2f8bd8.jpg

08b32c68.jpg

a2ee4ef3.jpg

4ec19c96.jpg

c1c8ddcf.jpg

Damn seagulls lol:

c7717c02.jpg

Cloudless skies and 20C (68F). Nice afternoon for a long ride - 121 km (75 miles).

Met an interesting older (even than me) gentleman at Tim's. He has been fighting cancer for several years and the monthly chemo sets him back and has weakened his legs to the point where last year he couldn't ride his beautiful big Honda Shadow at all.

This year he got himself one of these babies and now is out and about every nice day there is: http://www.tabortrikesusa.com/voyager.html

It was quite the cool rig - something to look forward to when we are in our late 80s ! :thumbsup:

Bought a H4 conversion head lamp and some led taillights to make the bike a bit safer at night, or at least easier to see.

Pushed the limits of my fuel reserve, 24 miles on this particular day and state of tune. Then pushed 4.6 miles through the countryside, what better way to enjoy the outdoors, and exactly 2 hours late for work. There was actually a bit of gas in the tank and I filled up at 2.825 gallons. (2.9 gallon according to owners manual) Kind of wonder if I would have removed the tank bolt and stuffed a t-shirt under the tank tilting it up and to the left if I could have gotten less exercise. 2 people stopped which was nice and of course bikers themselves. One saying "I've been there." Just another day.

Relocated my starter switch:

IMG_0608.jpg

Also rode it around my yard for the first time ever! Don't have front brakes though, so I kept it in 1st gear.

Back