What did you do with your XS today?

Havent done much lately but I need to put the carbs,rubber boots and breather filters back and the exaust.The extended extended and yes I said 2 times forecast is calling for january thaw.which means we might get some temps in the 40`s.If it does Im going for a ride or two or three

Put a xs360 fender on it. I didn't put much time into prep for the paint and the paint was not working well(spray can was geeking out on me) and it shows:laugh: But i don't care it wont be going to any shows, but it might get ridden to sturgis this year:wink2: I will have to see how things go this summer.:bike:

Attachments

• DSC01836.jpg
    DSC01836.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 205
Put a xs360 fender on it. I didn't put much time into prep for the paint and the paint was not working well(spray can was geeking out on me) and it shows:laugh: But i don't care it wont be going to any shows, but it might get ridden to sturgis this year:wink2: I will have to see how things go this summer.:bike:
Your eyes must be way sharper than mine 'cause it looks fabulous in the pic to me. Nice.

There are always lots of old jap bikes around. Just recently I saw a near perfect restoration of a CB500 F and a really beautiful CB450. Right now there are several nice GoldWings on the market, and I know of a SWEEET Triumph TR6R. Seattle and Portland are always good places to look for nice bikes. It's only when you're looking for a particular model that it can get frustrating. What part of the state are you moving to?

Thanks for sharing this OG!!!! :thumbsup:

I will be in the Tacoma/Olympia area. I have a feeling that I will get two more 'cycles to my collection....:D

I plan on getting an Ural with the side car. After that, I am not sure what I would get into... I saw a nice 79 BMW R65 for sale locally. Very clean bike. I would have love to get my hands on it but right now I am pressed to finish my current restoration on a 1980 xs400. Too much fun but little time and space. My garage needs to be the size of Costco.

Sat 5/01/13......Got the bike of the bench and onto the ground...No mean feat!!!!!
Mounted my side mount for number plate,
Removed old decals on the tank,original fuel cap and ground off mounting tabs,
First filled around fuel cap ready for my 70's Yammy RD fuel cap....
See my album for photos

Yes, I have, Lou. But I'm worried that with all the pounding and heating the bearings and/or the spacer have been damaged. The only option I can see now is to drill the head and shank of the bolt out until I can remove the swing-arm. Then I can replace the bearings, spacer, and other parts as required. I have until the snow melts to get this accomplished...

LOL! That would explain it! I'd been trying English, French, and even German with no luck.:wtf:

Hitachi Titanium coated drill bits in my Ryobi drill have however been making progress... :thumbsup:

Dave

I have until the snow melts to get this accomplished...
Dont know much snow you guys got over there but we have warming spell which started today and is supposed to continue into the next 7 days with highs in the upper 30s to near 50 predicted I figure about 4-5 days ours will be gone.:thumbsup:

Well, I worked on it for the past 2 days and she is now standing on her own with new Kenda tires. Put most of the parts in place and double checking that things go in place correctly. Sort of like measure twice cut one thing...

Will work on making a nice order for Mikesxs or whoever has the parts I need..

got my caliper rebuilt so now i have front brakes and took it for a ride:bike: but the bars were tweaked to the right:banghead: so had to mess with them for about an hour and got them close enough so im done messing with them for now.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

what do you think

Last edited:
I finally was able to drill out my swing-arm bolt! And a good thing I did it, the needle bearings were completely rusted out as is the spacer the bearings ride on. Now to find replacement parts...

Dave

Back