What did you do with your XS today?

Got the bike back on the road, perch having finally arrived.

Thank goodness! I've been enjoying your updates and how they all have "Still waiting on perch:shrug:" in them, gives me a good chuckle!

Today I realized that I may have to purchase a new lower crankcase or prepare for a giant effing bill from a machinist to fix the post for the shift drum brace. What a downer!

I JUST WANT TO BUILD MY BIKE:doh:

Left both of my motos at home :( however, road the I'll push bike down to the recording studio and laid some fat tracks! I never feel right leaving my motorcycle down in the SOMA for hours nattended -the street people will back out a spark plug and break the insulator to turn it into a crack pipe :p

I have painted the tank and put the graphics on the sides just need to clear it now. Not perfect but for an hour worth of work and about $10 I don't care:laugh: I am not going to show the bike just ride it.

Attachments

• DSC01767.jpg
    DSC01767.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC01768.jpg
    DSC01768.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 212
Not perfect but for an hour worth of work and about $10 I don't care:laugh: I am not going to show the bike just ride it.
I'm with you. Looks better than my all original factory paint job does after 29 years.
Will you be posting a tutorial titled "$10/1 hour tank job"?

went on the local toy run today to help the kids have a good xmas.

had to strip the front breaks as they were sticking. the caliper alloy inside the dust covers was flacky and stopped the pistons from working properly. All free now and the bike runs really quickly again.

I'm with you. Looks better than my all original factory paint job does after 29 years.
Will you be posting a tutorial titled "$10/1 hour tank job"?

No I don't think so:laugh: A little rattle can paint and a little bondo is all you need.

Put some more color matching pods on it, not that i am worried about looks so much but I only paid $11 for four of them:laugh: I had never looked but I noticed that there was a big difference from the xs400 and the xs360 H-pipe. I knew the carb side holes and overall length where not the same but the placement of the breather hole was different. Mounting pods on the 360 one is a much better fit. Just thought I would add this little bit of info. The clean one is the xs360:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC01777.jpg
    DSC01777.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC01778.jpg
    DSC01778.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC01779.jpg
    DSC01779.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC01780.jpg
    DSC01780.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 199
I changed the oil along with the filter this time and also took off the bottom plate where the oil pump is.I bunch of nasty oil and sludge came out of that spot.Im also going to ride for the last time of the season and put it away till spring

Last edited:
50% sunshine today - rode over 100 kms. 91 kms yesterday. :thumbsup:

It may be the last day for a while though - rain tomorrow, wet snow Fri, dry snow Sat and water will be solid Sun - Tue ... :( (white Christmases no longer do anything for me)

50% sunshine today - rode over 100 kms. 91 kms yesterday. :thumbsup:

It may be the last day for a while though - rain tomorrow, wet snow Fri, dry snow Sat and water will be solid Sun - Tue ... :( (white Christmases no longer do anything for me)

The weather shows its being near freezing for highs for the next6 days after tomorrows rain/snow and wind storm.heavy lake affect snow showers for 2 days after that then dry and cold.I highly doubt it will get much wamer going into January.Now that I have the bike put away I can start doing work on the carbs/exaust and other things.

Made some progress on my restoration. Won't be able to work on her for the next two days but I should be able to make lots of progress this weekend.

Worked on her for the past two days. Starting to look like a motorcycle again. Ordered some rubber which I hope to install on the rims and then she can walk again.

Back