What did you do with your XS today?

Went 31 kms in 36F (+2) yesterday. Only needed 5 layers to survive.
Topped up on 91 octane and added some SeaFoam. vroom, vroom.
Today it might go to +3. Will be able to take the scenic route.

Cleaned up the clutch plus new gasket and kick seal and put new H-duty clutch springs in it. Got to be able to handle all that power :laugh:

Attachments

• DSC01735.jpg
    DSC01735.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC01736.jpg
    DSC01736.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 199
Went for a quick ride :bike:
20121127_163611.jpg

Then decided to hack up my spare fender:D
20121127_184059.jpg

Not sure if I am happy with the result. The more I look at it the more I am digging the way it looks stock... maybe do an OEM-plus style for a lil while until I am happy with the jetting and tune.

The clutch felt like it was slipping during the ride. Hard gas in 3rd gear and the engine would rev than catch... would that be something heavy duty clutch springs would help solve? I should also note that it felt like it improved a lot once the bike warmed up:wtf:

4th carb cleaning - this time I took wire guage cleaners to all passages in the jets, which produced a whiite powder residue, then flushed with carb cleaner and compressed air. My 1/4 to 3/4 throttle response is much smoother, and bike seems to have more power than before!

I thinkk I may have finally got it, and now I think I could get it right the first time NEXT time!

So how hard is that to take apart Chris?Did you take it apart and inspect the clutch disk and steels while you were inside there?

Not hard at all. I cleaned the clutch pads with brakeclean to get all of the old oil off(then soaked them in new oil). Then used scotch brite pads to clean the friction plates. The clutch worked fine before but while I had the cover off thought I would do it anyway.

(VROOM4)The clutch felt like it was slipping during the ride. Hard gas in 3rd gear and the engine would rev than catch... would that be something heavy duty clutch springs would help solve? I should also note that it felt like it improved a lot once the bike warmed up:wtf:[/QUOTE]

Make sure you have adjusted the clutch right. There are threads on here explaining how to do this:wink2: Also are you using oil made for wet clutches? If those things didn't help then you may need to rebuild the clutch.

Rode in the storm that has landed in sf and made a rode side repair!

When I got off the freeway, I went over a pothole, and then hearda clunk sound. It was my headlight! The one bolt that holts the light in must have. Come loose and fell out. Lucky it happened when it did! I pulled into a parking spot, took off the seat, pulled the tool pouch, "borrowed" a screw from my fuse box, and reinstalled the headlight.

got on my grips, clutch cable, chain brakes, but might need the front master cylinder rebuilt. got my tires on and have a roller with a motor but didnt get done workin till 230 this morning and on monday back to the welders for exhaust mounts pics to come!!

Last edited:
My bike has been sitting neglected for a few days now,Im sure its wanting some attention but I have just been to darn busy and its going to be that way for the next few days.

Or my two (2!) windows - or door AND windows if I want a cross-wind! :thumbsup:

Nice! Cozy but usable. My garage is a walkway for our dwnstairs neighbor, so sometimes I get interupted in the middle of turning the wrench by a guest, or one of our neighbors. Must be nice to have a fortress of solitude!

Just ordered Pods, Jets, and some other goodies(Stage 1:thumbsup:)

Thanks XSChris. I've been researching the subject on and off today. Looks to be fairly straight forward so I plan on giving it a try, as well as timing on the first oil change.

It still has the oil from when I purchased it, so not really sure what's in there, but it will be switched out for something more proper.

Would a heavier weight oil assist with this too? :confused:

Back