Where is my flasher unit?

SandyR

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a couple of generic signals for the rear of my Maxim DOHC. They are not LED but a lower wattage incandescent bulb and don't provide enough load to cycle my flasher unit. I need to get at my flasher unit to replace it with a different type but I can't find it. I can hear the initial click when I turn on the signal and it sounds like it is up inside the frame above the engine but I can't see or feel it. Any help would be appreciated.
Sandy

You'll have to take the upper engine mount off to get to it...unless you have itty bitty hands. Even then, those with larger hands are going to have difficulty. The flasher is up, inside the large backbone frame. The picture in the manual isn't the clearest either (at least mine isn't).

Thanks guys. I kind of thought it was up in the frame. Now to decide if it's worth the hassle or just continue with hand signals.
Sandy

I'll be doing it soon as well, just picked up my LED flasher relay this morning. Should be easy to take the top engine mount off and pivot the engine, as far as I've heard.

Back