Windows 8

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone here running this op system on your computer?If so whats your opinion of ease of use and the interface of it?Got a chance to play around with it on my friends computer yesterday thought it was kinda cool.I downloaded the trial version when it came out but it doesnt give you the full featers so I thought at the time it sucked.Opinions wanted.Thanks

Windows 8 is great, I changed all my computers to it. Seems to zing through web pages with ease. I also changed all my computers to SSD so they are all nice and zippy. If you arnt running SSD's yet, its hands down the BEST upgrade you can do and theyre a bit cheaper now. With windows 8 you can always go the more orthodox desktop or go with the icon orientated one which is more reminiscent of a mobile phone. I seem to go for the conventional desktop more than the other.

Solid state hard drive, so no moving parts. Which means theyre much faster and more reliable (wont be as prone to crashing). Put one of them into your computer and the thing will boot up in seconds, applications will open in a second etc. Youll notice a massive difference, better than any ram upgrade.

I bought a new laptop after Christmas that runs Windows 8. It takes some getting used to and I don't see that it's any faster than what I was using before. I miss Outlook though as Windows 8 no longer includes that and you're left using an app instead. Good think I can access my email through the web otherwise it would be awful. The rest is OK, just different.

Back