Winter Weather thread

Theres actualy signs of spring,alot of the snow has melted and bare ground showing in many places.the streets are clear of a lot of ice and snow.On top of that my driveway/parking lot is is totally snow free.We are starting to see highs in the 40`s and near 50 today.Theres hope after all spring is just around the corner.Of course this is still March and weather will flip flop back and forth between winter and spring but when April gets here the robins will be back and hopefully only the snow piles will be all thatnremain.

Yeap here we go again just as I was feeling positive about spring looks like ole man winter is going to wallop us again with mother of all snow storms.Tonight rain turning to snow accumulating 1-3 inches,tomorrow heavy snow windy with ne winds 15-25 mph total accumulations by Thursday am could range 8-12 inches.Thgose along the snow belts off lake Ontarion could 18-24 inches of snow. then this storm parades up the east coast with high winds and heavy snow.The 7 day in my area shows temps way below normal with below freezing temps lows 3*16*Winter storm Vulcan is not logical! but it will be potent.:yikes:
!

So winter storm Vulcan slammed us with blizzard and white conditions along with 5-7 inches of snow during its visit across the lower great lakes region.Snowfall rates were very intense for a while as the storm made its way through and is now moving to the east of us.Portions of Maine and Vermont will likely see 18-24 inches of snow from this storms and it makes it way through that region.With the totals of acculating snow this makes Detroit and my area the 2cnd most snowiest winter on record! we only need one more storm like this one and we will break the all time record for the snowiest winter on record.Looking out my window today visibility dropped as low as a couple hundred yards or less at times.

Yeah we had 3 inches of snow yesterday breaking our all time record for the most snowiest winter season ever in history.this goes back the 1870`s.I sure hope were done with it.Its time plant the garden.

Yeah we had 3 inches of snow yesterday breaking our all time record for the most snowiest winter season ever in history. this goes back the 1870`s. I sure hope were done with it. Its time plant the garden.
Here too.
And a record low overnight temp last night. :wtf:
Sun's out today, but I'm not sure if it will warm up enough for the maple sap to even run, never mind for a motorcycle ride!

As to the garden, wouldn't it be easier if you waited for the ground to thaw first? :wink2: Should be good to go by May at this rate ....

Last year I planted my tomatoes by seed and some other vegatables.I barely escaped 2 hard freezes by covering everything up with a thick plastic tarp.Im going to wait till may 1st before I plant anything this year.Hopefully by then it should be warm enough and we`ll be done with freezing low temps.Weather folklore says when your hear the frogs a peepin the will look through the ice twice.EEEHHH that isn't correct they will be looking through the ice at least 4 times this year.

At last, they are blaming someone else.
This time, it's the fault of the state of Michigan, which has being playing host to a revolving low for nearly a week.
Give it up Michigan, let it move on. Why are you letting Wisconsin hog all the nice weather?

I like the temps were having now its comfortavble for me to work in.This remanant low should be moving away in a day or two and were susposed to be bear 78-80* by next Friday.:D

To work in maybe, but a little cold and windy for the long ride I went on today. Nice to see the sun for a change though.
I was just glad to be able to blame Michigan for a change :wink2:

Well the low pressure system didn't originate over Michigan it formed in the southwest and southern plains them moved up here so you realy cant blame us:laugh:there was actualy snow that covered the ground in northern ,mi today.

In London we had over 5ft last year. The local university was closed until it was cleared. My favourite visual is my mother describing the snow that day. She's just slightly over 5' so I can only imagine her navigating through the snow, likely with a parascope making radar noises and only a tuft of hair visible over the white stuff.
This year, in Hamilton, it wasn't quite as rough. We still did have tough days, but the city seems to have a haze that keeps the snow at bay...

So I seen our summer outlook today "Cooler than average" over the great lakes and ohio valley and up the east coast..This probably means were going to have wet summer also.which speaking of rain it needs to dry out around here Weve had 3-5 inches of wet over the last week.Come out sun I know your out there somewhere.:banghead:

It's too freaking cold here (in Michigan) for this time of year. It was in the 30s F this morning. So much for riding a bike to work.

Yep I know you mean Phaze,its still only in the 40`s right now.Im getting dressed and putting on my thermals and going to be wearing double layers today.they are saying its supposed to warm up to the 60`s and 70`s here in a couple of days.

Back