xs400 boardtacker by MOTORLOU

thanks guys! i am currently working on the "BIG SISTER" version of this which i started at the same time. it will basically be the same but have different color schemes and a few different features to accommodate the ironhead sportster drive train. i'll be running a springer front end vs. the girder that the xs400 had.

do you hvae any pictures of the ironhead built with the same kind of frame?

edit: never mind, just saw the link.. thx

lou do you use a fram jig when building your frames? i looked at some pictures and it looks like you slowly piece them together, how do you keep everything straight?

until recently i would use temporary frame jigs which i build to my needs every time i made a frame. i started to build a permenant one last week

Damn man, i'm still blown away by this build!!! Amazing details and just over all look. The ribbed oil tank is bitchin, well just about everything is very very nicely done! Nice job man!

hey guys, i just wanted to end this thread with the final pics of the "BIG SISTER" version of the xs400 project. they were started at the same time but unfortunately mine had to take a back seat to other customer's bikes. it's been a year since i bought this bike and i finally got it done a few weeks ago. i have been riding this beauty everywhere! the topping on this cake for me is that the bike runs like a champ (hard to say about the other harley's i've owned.) had a small mishap this morning and lost the front fender but i was going to repaint the plate anyhow. went ahead and did a small photoshoot with a friend so here are the final pics. thanks again for all the kind replies folks!!! Lou

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

06.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

Hey motorlou, do you have any information on the headlight you used on the Servi-cycle? I picked one up that has blackout fins, and i was wondering what they are and where they come from so i may someday find a matching one.

Back