xs400 boardtacker by MOTORLOU

hey guys, i don't mean to highjack my own thread but i am so excited because today i finished and rode another project i had on the back burner. it is a 1978 honda cb400 which i called "sneaky snake".......i kinda thought it fit the tone of this thread! ha ha ha
anyhow, next on the to do list was the front end. i started making a front end for this bike which was going to be a copy of one i had bought for my ironhead project. once i tried out the front end on my ironhead i found that the spring was going to be too weak for that heavy ole bike and i decided to use it for the xs400. i basically cut it down in half and made some new axle plates. i replaced the bushings and rewelded the tab for the spring because it was set up for some major rake. other than that i called it good.

DSCF4490.jpg

DSCF4491.jpg

DSCF4496.jpg

DSCF4500.jpg

DSCF3165.jpg

DSCF3169.jpg

DSCF3171.jpg
Those forks make that bike. Oh and not forgetting that frame of course.

hey guys, i just wanted to end this thread with the final pics of the "BIG SISTER" version of the xs400 project. they were started at the same time but unfortunately mine had to take a back seat to other customer's bikes. it's been a year since i bought this bike and i finally got it done a few weeks ago. i have been riding this beauty everywhere! the topping on this cake for me is that the bike runs like a champ (hard to say about the other harley's i've owned.) had a small mishap this morning and lost the front fender but i was going to repaint the plate anyhow. went ahead and did a small photoshoot with a friend so here are the final pics. thanks again for all the kind replies folks!!! Lou

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

06.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg
Great colour Lou.

Back