XS400 doch (seca/maxim) rear brake switch location?

bmaster

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am currently rebuilding my xs400 seca into a bratstyle/caferacer.
I bought this machine when it was semi disassembled, and I'm missing my rear brake switch.
I bought a new one but now I can't figure out where I have to mount this thing?

Does somebody have a picture where it should be or can someone explain it?

Kind regards

PS, some pictures of my XS400 so far
IMG_1904.JPG
IMG_1900.JPG

You know the factory airbox? The one you don't have any more? :umm: The brake switch mounted to it, below and behind the battery. :doh: It uses a long spring to connect to the brake arm just above and forward of where the brake rod attaches to the pivot mechanism. If you look closely, you can see mine just below the battery, in this photo. I welded the original bracket to the frame. It isn't the best position due to the angle it is on, which causes it to be very sensitive to adjustment. Too tight and it is always on, too loose and it doesn't activate. "Just right" has to be checked regularly as the brakes wear and are adjusted. That said, it has been working fine for the past couple years and 20+k km and is easy to adjust when needed. If you don't have the original bracket, you should be able to fabricate one from a washer that the switch fits into and some sheet metal.

I like the side panels you've made! :cheers: I've been thinking of making something similar for mine, but haven't made any more progress than that...

Please consider starting a build thread! I know that many would be interested in following your progress.

Thanks for the information and picture. I had in mind that I was missing something because I can't place it somewhere.
I'll start a build thread. I have a lot of pictures and info so enough to tell about.

Back