XS400 From Minnesota

m3ch

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey how are you guys, as you can see from the title, i am from Minnesota, just bought a 1978 XS400 last night for 250 bucks, was sold to me as a "good running bike" but the ignition was gone, asked a question in another thread and got my answer so i will probably wire up a regular Dorman starter switch, i might relocate it someplace else.
also how would i go about redoing the seat? Also this is going to be a really slow build thread but im going to keep it mostly stock and polish it up make it look decent and now on to the pictures!
100_2186.jpg

100_2187.jpg

100_2188.jpg

100_2189.jpg

Looks like its in decent shape man. You got a steal. Glad to see there are some fellow MN kids around. I'm in Minneapolis. Welcome, this place will supply you with eveything you need to know.

Looks like its in decent shape man. You got a steal. Glad to see there are some fellow MN kids around. I'm in Minneapolis. Welcome, this place will supply you with eveything you need to know.

im from farther north, the Bemidji area, and yes i actually did luck out on this one because the person originally posted it on a site about a year ago so i sent a message on the off chance she still had it and sure enough she did so i bought it

welcome...your tread design on the front tire looks like mine...is that a kenda tire? I need to replace my tires are there are flat spots from where she was sittin low on air on em.

welcome...your tread design on the front tire looks like mine...is that a kenda tire? I need to replace my tires are there are flat spots from where she was sittin low on air on em.

i have no idea honestly i didn't look at the tires much, i know my back one needs to be replaced

Back