yamaha xs400 electronic ignition problem

Bilal Binici

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have a 1979 model xs 360. I want to make the ignition system electronic. I have done some tests, but the engine runs at low rpm without rhythm and sometimes does not start. finally the battery runs out. what do you recommend. Thanks in advance

If your engine is not running right it is a waste of time going to electronic ignition. That alone is not going to really fix anything.

[QUOTE = "amc49, post: 182914, üye: 16950"] Motorunuz doğru çalışmıyorsa, elektronik ateşlemeye gitmek zaman kaybıdır. Bu tek başına hiçbir şeyi düzeltmeyecek. [/ QUOTE]

Elektronik sisteme geçtim ama kullandığım okuyucular düzensiz çalışıyor. Önerebileceğiniz ürünler nelerdir?

I own a yamaha 1978 yamaha xs360 and built an electronic ignition system myself. But the engine runs without rhythm, which product would you recommend.

I own a yamaha 1978 yamaha xs360 and built an electronic ignition system myself. But the engine runs without rhythm, which product would you recommend.
What kind of ignition did you build?
I was experimenting with an Arduino ignition system. Got it firing reliably but hadn't worked out a camshaft sensor.

Just read the accompanying text with that ignition. I'm not big on optical pickups as we used to run them on street race cars and they can get dirty on the eye to then do funny stuff, magnetic impulse sensors do none of that. I'd blow that cavity out after the install and it's running to remove any loose dust in it.

Back