*Almost* Complete List of XS400 Fasteners

I don't know for sure, I got the Orange background. that one you listed isn't the same for the XS400, so its hard to visually tell, I didn't see the word show polished on either ebay add? I am hoping that they will stay shiney for a little bit. If I need too, I know where to get the mothers, or neverdull.
The orange background auction was the first bolt kit I found on Ebay. What colour are the bolts you received? The orange background throws off the colour in the photo.

This is what they say about show polishing:
"We also offer our Show Polishing. We remove all stamps and marks and polish the heads to a mirror finish. The bolts have the appearance of Chrome without the headaches. This service is extra on the price of the kits. Let us know if you want this service at the time of ordering and we can price this for you."

I've been debating replacing the bolts on my 360. Most are ok, just a little rusty, but a few have been replaced and don't match.
I'll be doing the same thing as allanrps with the exhaust studs, cutting threaded rod to length, after helicoiling the damaged inside threads. Going to try to get the length right so acorn nuts fit.

Just came across a seller in France offering three different bolt kits totaling over 200 pieces.

Last edited:
Yup, I am not doing my bike for show. so the cheap kit I got, will be just fine.. Thanks anyways. If I hadn't painted my exterior, I would not have worried about getting new bolts.

The fasteners I ordered came in today, so I blew off my school work and started swapping out screws. Everything was good for the most part, but some dremel work was required. I do still have two sets of screws that I can't find a place for. And I found a couple places where there are screws I missed when I was measuring :doh:. And I missed adding several things to my order that I needed...:banghead: But everything worked out for the most part. A couple notes:

-The heads for counter-sunk screws for the tank logo were too big and needed to be ground down.
-The washers for the screws on the indicator light were too large to fit in the recess for the top two screws. I used some washers from a radio shack pack and ground out the middle a little larger.
-M8 washers were used for the plastic rear fender because standard M6 washers did not provide enough surface area.

Despite how it seemed while I was trying to locate all the nuts and bolts, now that it'm pretty much done it seems I was pretty accurate. Just need to update a couple small things.

My 40 dollar ebay kit, didnt have the case bolts, and a few others I would not have minded changing. So like the internals, I snapped one of the tension-ers off. It was easy to remove. So I ended up with some grade 10 for that one? I should be able to take a photo next tuesday, once I get the last of the items put on her!!!!!

Back