Annoying perch issue

nbriles2000

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I've been dealing with this issue for longer than I care to admit, and I'm finally giving in and posting in hopes of getting a quick response.

For some reason, its been impossible for me to find a brake perch that has left hand threads for my mirror! I want a very basic one and I have emailed mikesxs and they didn't respond. Dime city doesn't look like they have anything and I can't find anything locally. Pleaseeeee help me put an end to this stupid situation! I am more than willing to buy a whole new perch/ lever set if I can find one reasonably priced for drum brakes. xs360-2d is the bike I'm putting them on so there isn't a disk brake to worry about.

Nate

Last edited:
You can always get a thread adapter. Search for "Yamaha Reverse Thread Adapter" on google or something. Just be careful because most of them are going to convert a left hand (reverse) thread to a right hand thread so that you can use aftermarket mirrors with the OEM perch. You want the opposite; to convert right hand (normal) to left hand (reverse).

Also, check ebay or the classifieds here for a used oem perch so that you can skip all this nonsense. That or just buy a universal lever and get new mirrors; the oem ones look terrible in my opinion.

Back