bike update, pictures, headlight question

hellojamin

XS400 Member
Reaction score
hi! I posted a while ago about getting my first bike. Now that i've gotten comfortable riding it i've started changing it around. Here are some before and after pics, I went for a stripped down stock look, inspired by early club bikes. Lower shocks, smaller headlamp and speedo, vintage controls, vintage sissy bar, got rid of alot of little things too.

It runs good and I ride it everyday, but since i put the new headlamp on it's been having a brightness problem. The light just sort of goes dim whenever it wants to, there is no pattern to it and it comes right back on. I checked my connections and ground and they are fine, the only thing i can think of is that its just wired to a bad place. Most of the harness in the front is cut out so i ran a wire from the headlight back to the tailight and connected it to that. any advice?

IMG_20101227_160535.jpg

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

Since its a new headlight you might want to check the wattage, it may be too high compared to the original. I believe Houghmade had a problem similar to this.

BTW, you did a fine job on cleaning the bike up.

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

Tried these bars out today, I think they fit the look of the bike perfect, I'm gonna stick with them.

Back