Calling all americans

haga41cat

Xs Nerd
Reaction score
Hi guys wonder if you can all help me, where would you say in america has a good employment rate that i could maybe look for work. Not sure what i wanna do yet maybe still bikes but i'd want to do custom stuff for a small workshop, not main dealer. My wife and I wanna get out of the uk and into the states so just trying to get an idea and see whats about.
Cheers for your help

You can google it obviously and with interesting results. Lots of small towns which shouldn't be included imo.
I have relatives in the Dallas and Ft Worth area, the Metroplex as it's called, or metromess more affectionately. Sprawling area including several cities probably included on this list. D/FW was 133rd here. http://bls.gov/web/metro/laummtrk.htm
That is interesting because I know recession hit them very little and also latest with exception of the telecom corridor in Richardson. You could prob find whatever field you want: banking, insurance, bikes, babes, all of it. And the best part is you can ride most of the year! :bike: I think i might move there :thumbsup:

I think you should figure out what region of the of states you want to move to based on the scenery and weather, then narrow your focus from there.. You can find good and bad areas in all regions of the US.

I think you should figure out what region of the of states you want to move to based on the scenery and weather, then narrow your focus from there.. You can find good and bad areas in all regions of the US.

I will second that one. For sure. TX from May to September is hot, hot, HOT. And N. Central TX is completely non-scenic. I grew up younger years in Mad Town and very partial to and a fondness for everything Wisconsin (i don't watch much football though). It is a beautiful place :thumbsup:

Another thing to consider is transportation, besides your bike, the US has almost no public transportation unless your in major metro areas like San Fran, Seattle, LA, NY, Boston, Austin, Chicago. I live in Kansas City, MO and there is a bus system but it is terrible. if you want a lot for a little go look around the midwest, Oklahoma city.

Back