Custom exhaust question

ksqrly

XS400 Aficionado
Reaction score
SO I am building a custom exhaust and cut my mufflers off. I cant for the life of me decide which one is the left and which one is the right. They are labeled 1 and 2. Im pretty sure 1 is left and 2 is right. Can anyone shed some light?

Do you still have the crossover pipe on the exhaust?The right side has the longer piece of the crossover pipe.Maybe you can match them up by where you cut them off at?I dont beleive it matters what side of the down pipes get bolted on but Im not 100% sure.

Do you still have the crossover pipe on the exhaust?The right side has the longer piece of the crossover pipe.Maybe you can match them up by where you cut them off at?I dont beleive it matters what side of the down pipes get bolted on but Im not 100% sure.

ha that what I did just got the first one wrapped...what do you think?

Photo on 2013-03-01 at 17.10.jpg

titanium...its the best rated. It is made of lava rock or something lick that.

Yeah thats what I thought it was.I have read the samething about it.From what I read it doesnt rot pipes as much either and last a long time.

hopefully its true. Thats why I spent the extra dough for the better wrap

Ya lava rock. Pretty weird I know, but thats what most have recommended if you want to wrap your pipes

If I keep my current exhaust system Im going to wrap with it with this stuff.Im pretty sure I`ll have the only bike in town with it.:thumbsup:ksqrly where di you buy yours and how much did it set you back?Also have you noticed much in change of performance with it on?

Back