Engine Swap

Ok, so I'm going to buy the goods. Engine, carbs, all electrical components, swingarm + monoshock, front end, wheels and brakes. I think I can do it, ha. I like a challenge. If it ends up crap, ill just find a gsxr frame and have a complete gsxr :laugh: . My goal is to get a modern/vintage one of a kind cafe racer, that goes fast. I know this isn't going to end up anywhere near an xs when I'm done chopping up the frame to fit the engine, but id like to share it anyways. I'm still an xs fan though :thumbsup:

So for the best way to get the mounts in the right spots for the new engine, I should build a wireframe model, or whatever you want to call it, based off the mounts on the gsxr frame, something maneuverable that I can put inside the xs frame to place the new mounts, correct?

Well I went to go look at the engine and everything and the engine was a little bigger than I though... lol. So I wussed out and just bought the whole complete, so I have a gsxr project now. Sorry for wasting everyones time...

If something has not been done it is likely for a reason. If a bigger engine ever goes in an xs400 it will have to be in a custom frame and only use the neck to be called an xs400:wink2:

Back