Exhaust Mounting Problem

That looks much better. The copper ones tend to hide under old carbon deposits and are often overlooked. :laugh:

Got the bike to start! No flames, but idled at 5000 rpm, the throttle plate was adjusted wrong. Then after messing with it for a time, the starter button stopped working. More electrical gremlins.

Check the fuses and fuse holders for continuity. The old fuse boxes don't hold up well. Surface corrosion on the fuse holders will cause problems even if the fuses are good.

Could be the button of course, but check the fuses first.

That was the first thing I fixed. Scrubbed it down till everything shined. Fuses and box are good. I resoldered the button a few weeks ago, it works fine, tested and all.

Works fine as of today, finally got to ride her around the neighborhood. Front brake still drags and I can't tell when the transmission shifts, and the tires feel like they're way too old, but it's incredibly fun.

I am having a similar problem mounting my exhaust. Mine didnt seem to come with a copper ring though? Is this something I need? what else could be my issue? the other exhaust works just fine.

The copper ring is your gasket. You need this. What's the other exhaust? The copper ring is a crush gasket and is often caked in soot. Look close for it in the head as it is missed a lot.

Back